My cousin's story is being told.

Jul 02 2009 Published by under Uncategorized

This is a local women's news story about my cousin who I have posted about. As hard as it is to read this, I am so glad that the problems that killed her are being talked about.

Nora's story

• annie says:

how absolutely awful. my condolences to you and your family.it is insane that in a country like America, the richest country in the world, that money is not spent on public healthcare.I am always shocked when the issue of health insurance in the US comes up. It's not just the extremely poor who suffer.I love America, but every time I visit I am so shocked at the rich / poor divide. As a researcher I envy the massive funding available in the states but what's the point of that if people cannot even get access to healthcare

• Odyssey says:

I'm so sorry.

• Cath@VWXYNot? says:

I'm so sorry Arlenna. I'm glad though that you and your family are getting your cousin's story out. It needs to be heard. I hope your country eventually gets the healthcare system it deserves.

Every single one of these fucked up politician scumbags who are in the pocket of the health insurance industry who kill any attempt at providing universal government-funded health care to all US citizens bears personal responsibility for the premature death of your cousin.

• Ambivalent Academic says:

Goddammit! Oh, that just makes me so so sad...and really really angry.I'm so sorry Arlenna.

Your cousin's story is so sad, so unfortunate, so unnecessary. She looked like a beautiful woman with a life-loving smile.

• Anonymous says:

http://norasmittens.blogspot.comthis has been silent for a while....sorry to hear the things.

• Professor in Training says:

Access to healthcare is a RIGHT, not a PRIVILEGE. What happened to your cousin is a tragedy but is, unfortunately, not uncommon. The US government should be ashamed that your cousin was treated like this and paid the ultimate price. US citizens should be outraged that this continues to happen. Fingers crossed that Obama's government-backed insurance plan goes ahead so that people like Nora can get the medical assistance they need.