The greatest love of all

Apr 20 2009 Published by under Uncategorized

I hereby proclaim that if I ever obtain a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Early Career Award, or something like that, I will post an audio recording of myself singing "The Greatest Love of All." Not like I am applying right now or something, I just wanted to make sure y'all will hold me to that if I do achieve somesuch importance.

• Anonymous says:

uh, you'll kill us softly with your song or you'll bowl us over in a good way?*backing away slowly*

I have previously disclosed how awesome I am as a singer, and also hopefully shown how much I adore the ridiculous... make yurself a conklushion!

• Anonymous says:

Yeah, but some of those kids on American Idol think they can belt out a tune too! When you get your big award, I'll remind you if you remind me to bring earmuffs (just in case, *runs away*)

• Nat Blair says:

For some reason the first thing that popped into my mind was Eddie Murphy singing that in "Coming to America", fronting a band called Sexual Chocolate. The idea of you in something remotely like that is killing me right now!

• Dr. No says:

APPLY NOW! I'll buy a ticket to that concert!

If I ever get rich, I'm endowing you a professorship so I can hear you sing that song. In fact, one of the terms of the endowment will be that the holder of the chair has to serenade me with "The Greatest Love Of All" every year on my birthday.

For that, I'll even accompany myself on the piano!But I'll have to record the two tracks separately, because I can't play and sing at the same time.

• Dr. No says:

Hey Arlenna, off topic but since we share a hatred of Goofus & Gallant I just added a little something to my last post for ya...

Ha! Will hold you to it.

• Isis the Scientist says:

I will one-up you. I will post a picture of myself in the nude.